I'm participating in Ask Away Friday again this week. This Friday I am linking up with Melissa from Home on Deranged. She is a fellow Texas blogger who writes about her life as a Mom, photographer and writer. She also has some great giveaways going on right now too. When you're done here click your way over to her blog to see the answers to the questions I had for her.
1. What would be your perfect Christmas destination and what would you do there?
The perfect Christmas destination would be back at home in the Carolinas or Georgia. My parents live there and it would be great for the kids to spend the holiday with them. I'd also like to see my nieces and nephews. That would be perfect.
2. If you were a reporter for Rolling Stone and could follow any band in the world, which one would it be?
This is an easy one. I would follow Beyonce. I still hate that I couldn't go see The Mrs. Carter show. Maybe next time Bey, maybe next time…
3. What is your ultimate blogging goal?
Hmmm. I'm not sure what my ultimate goal is to be honest. Right now, my blog is still a hobby that I enjoy. It's been great connecting with other mothers who enjoy writing and sharing their story. I'd like to see it grow into something fun. I like chatting back and forth with the Moms that come here. We'll see what happens…
4. What is your one homemaking skill that you would like to improve?
I could be more efficient with laundry. I hate doing laundry.
5. As an Army wife, you will likely move many places. Where is the one place you'd love to live for a while?
Well. We've lived in DC, San Antonio (this is our second time in SA) and Georgia. I'd love to get stationed in either Hawaii, Germany or Okinawa, Japan. Three years is the longest I could probably live anywhere though. This life has rubbed off on me.
6. What's your favorite guilty pleasure and when is the last time you indulged it?
Hmmm. Guilty pleasure? I don't tend to feel guilty about the things I enjoy. I indulge myself often. Right now I'm on a spicy dip kick. I've been treating my appetite to it a couple nights a week. Yum.
7. What's the one thing you miss most about your life before having children?
Free time. The ability to "run" in to the store for one thing. I miss grabbing a drink at the gas station. Happy hour. Date nights every weekend.
8. Tell me a secret about yourself that no one knows.
I'm not sure that I have a secret that absolutely no one knows. ;-)
9. As a chic mama, what are you trying to teach your children about being fashionable?
My hope is that they learn that while it's nice to look put together it means nothing if you don't actually have it all together. You should care about what you look like on the inside and on the outside.
10. If you had a day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
I would spend the day eating Chinese food, getting spa treatments and watching girly TV and movies. Kid and Husband free.