I survived the first week of 21 Day Fix Extreme. The first day or two was rough. I was hungry. Some of the workouts were very hard. I would even go so far as to say they were indeed extreme.
The skeptical side of me didn't know if I would see any results this early into the challenge but around day three something happened...
It's like Autumn Calabrese hooked me up to a machine and sucked a great bit of my bloat out. That was very encouraging. Seeing that small bit of change made me want to stick with the meal plan and get those workouts in.
Now that I'm a week in I'd like to offer some pros, cons and tips for anyone thinking about doing this program. First, let me say that I am not a Beachboy coach and my reviews about this program are not sponsored. No one is paying me. I purchased everything myself.
Now that we've gotten that little disclaimer out of the way...
What I love about 21 Day Fix:
- The workouts are only 30 minutes.
- The exercises are broken up into 30-60 second increments. "You can do anything for 60 seconds", she says.
-The meal plan is simple enough to follow.
- If you do it right, you will feel or see the results almost instantly.
-The Beachbody website has tons of info and a community to help you succeed.
Things I don't love so much:
(And I'm being totally picky here)
- I don't like that she doesn't do the workout with you the entire time. She kind of walks around and talks about form, which is important, but I kinda want to see her do it from start to finish with me.
- I wish the kit itself came with more recipes and meal ideas. I have been using Autumn's website and Pinterest but I think it would be great if a true cookbook came with the kit.
So how do I measure up from when I started? Here are my inches... (the level of bravery here should be revered)
July 11, 2016 July 18, 2016Chest - 33.5 Chest- 33
Right Arm - 12 Right Arm- 11
Left Arm -12 Left Arm - 12
Waist- 32 Waist - 30
Hips - 40 Hips- 39
Right Thigh - 23.5 Right Thigh - 22.5
Left Thigh - 24 Left Thigh - 22.5
Since July 11th I have lost about 7 inches. Not too shabby.
I had Savannah take a pic of me this morning because I could notice a difference in my tummy. It looks like a bit more progress has been made since yesterday when I took the pics above. Here I am this morning after my workout.
My tips to make it through the first week would be get up early before anyone in your family and get your workout in. Drink plenty of water. PLAN YOUR MEALS and do not cheat the meal plan.
So I'm hanging in there. I'm ready for week two! If you would like to see what I'm eating everyday and how I feel after my morning workouts be sure to follow me on snapchat (TheChicSAHM).
How is everyone doing on their own fitness journey? What do you think of my results so far? I'm cheering for you all. We can be Moms and be in incredible shape, let's do it together!